Is yogurt making profitable?
At present Uganda produces more than 2.2 billion litres of milk but only consumes about 800 million litres annually. … According to Mr John Musajjakawa, the Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) senior investment officer, investing in the processing of yoghurt is one investment idea which is very profitable.
Is yogurt business profitable in Kenya?
You can buy milk from farmers at a price of Ksh40 per litre and then sell your final product at Ksh200 per litre or Ksh50 per 250ml Tumbler (Actually the current market price per Tumbler of Yoghurt is Ksh58). Assuming you sell 1000 litres per month, that will be equal to Ksh200,000 in sales revenue.
How do you make homemade yogurt thicker?
Increase the Fat Content
The fat in yogurt is part of what makes it thick, so using whole milk will result in a thicker yogurt than skim milk. You can also add cream to the milk or use it in place of milk to increase the fat content.
What machines are used to make yoghurt?
As a general rule the equipment necessary for a yogurt plant is the following:
- Milk reception units.
- mixing units.
- CIP and SIP.
- Filling and sealing machines.
- Packaging machines.
How do you make yogurt with vinegar?
- Heat 1/4 cup milk in a bowl. …
- Add vinegar, salt and mix well. …
- Place the starter in a bowl in which you are going to set curd and swirl the bowl. …
- Pour the milk into the bowl. …
- Homemade fresh and thick yogurt is ready to be used as you wish. …
- Always store the set yogurt refrigerated and use it within a week.