How do I choose a good business name?
7 Tips for Choosing a Business Name
- Follow Your State’s Naming Guidelines. …
- Don’t Pick a Name That’s Too Similar to a Competitor’s Name. …
- Choose a Name That People Can Spell and Pronounce. …
- Make Your Name Web-Friendly. …
- Be Memorable But Not Too Unique. …
- Pick a Name that’s Consistent With Your Brand. …
- Don’t Limit Yourself.
Does your business name have to match your LLC?
To help you, I have compiled advice from attorneys and startup experts to answer your LLC name questions. Your LLC name does NOT have to BE your business name or MATCH your website name. Your LLC name is your company’s legal entity name while your business name is your brand name to market to your customers.
What are some catchy business names?
Catchy Business Name Ideas
- SwipeWire. Product/Industry: eCommerce, Technology, App Developer.
- SecureSmarter. Product/Industry: Security, Web Security Services.
- Dwellsmith. Product/Industry: Real Estate.
- SalePush. Product/Industry: Sales Training, Sales Consulting.
- Formonix. …
- Brandiing. …
- Cloudrevel. …
How do I register my business name for free?
Can I register a business name for free? No. There are filing fee requirements for reserving a business name, forming a company with one, getting a DBA, and filing an amendment. These fees vary by state.
Can my name be my business name?
If you’re operating as a sole proprietorship (meaning you are running your business but you haven’t filed with your local government as an LLC or Corporation), you are legally obligated to use your given name in your business name. This is because you pay both your personal and business taxes as an individual.
Can you name an LLC after yourself?
You can use your personal name when forming an LLC, provided that another local business has not taken the name and as long as your business name ends with “LLC.” You can then leverage the business name, your personal name, to brand yourself.
Does the name of your LLC matter?
California. You will need an original name for your LLC that is not used by another LLC in California.
What is a good LLC name?
Typically, your business’s name must end with the words “Limited Liability Company,” company” or “Limited.” Or you can use abbreviations like “LLC,” “L.L.C.,” or “Ltd.” Usually, you can even opt to abbreviate the words “Limited” and “Company” as “Ltd.” and “Co.” (Most people just stick with “LLC”.)