Do You Know How To Post To Google Plus
Do you blog regularly? Have you got the key to “posts ranking” on Google ?
If you are wondering how to get noticed by the Big G, then you need to know How To Post To Google Plus!
There are certain actions that you need to do each and every time.
The question is, do you know these are? And if so, do you do them each and every time?
In this short post I would like to discuss with you the advantages of getting your post noticed by Google using their wonderful little social media platform – Google Plus or G+ as it is commonly known.
Well it is not exactly little, but compared to Facebook, it still has some pretty big shoes to fill.
What is Google Plus – G+
In order to understand How To Post To Google Plus First it is important to understand how G+ operates.
It is a social media platform where you can upload either posts or pictures and promote them to your group or circle of friends.
You build your various “circles” from your contact list, usually taken either from your Gmail contact account or from your Microsoft Outlook.
You can also add friends, acquaintances and new people who share a common interest with you.
The bigger your circles are the larger your outreach is with each post – like FB.
Unlike Facebook, there is no “live” interaction as such on the platform itself, though you can have live interaction on your Gmail account in the Hangouts section.
What Can You Find On G+
On G+ you have several options (on the left-hand side of your screen) where you can either search for:
- Discover new things – when you first set up your G+ account you are asked what are your interests, and according to those you will be suggested topics to follow.
- Communities – shows you where you recently visited, and the communities you have ‘saved’. At the bottom there is a button to “discover more”.
- Profile – where you arrange your profile (we will go into this in a moment),
- People – you either Follow yourself or those who follow you and you can follow them back or find new people to follow.
- Notifications – where you will see all the messages you have received arranged in one place for ease of access.
Setting Up Your G+ Profile
If you want to know How To Post To Google Plus correctly, then the first thing you need to do when you start using G+ is to set up your profile.
You need to show your audience that you are on top of things, what you look like – or what your are “into”.
The quicker you set it up the easier people will relate to you and accept your following and friendly invitation to connect.
So you click into your Profile button, and follow the prompts to place a picture in the circle to the left.
Also, it is advisable to place a background picture in your profile header – something that either reflects your interests, or if it is your online marketing account then your logo or website header.
Make sure to click on Edit Profile button, and a window with your details will pop up.
Click on the little i in the circle to enter the profile editing mode (or just press enter, that will work too).
Once inside you can start filling in the necessary information
Site: place URL links to all of your sites if you have more than one – the more the merrier!
Contributor to: again place your URL links of all the sites you will be working with.
Gender, Birthday and more: your personal details, of course.
Your Album Archive: I have not used – so I cannot advise on this.
On this window you also place your profile picture and your header.
Your G+ Profile Picture Size: 250 x 250 pixels.
Your G+ Cover Photo Size: a minimum of 1080 x 608 and a maximum of 2120 x 1192 pixels.
Once you have all this set up, save and close that tab.
Setting up Your Collections:
G+ gives you a great tool to sort your posts according to subjects or websites you use or anything that you will be posting on it.
To do so they have a “Collections” section which is a wonderful filing tool – I personally love using it.
It is a kind of categorizing tool and helps Google also sort out your posts for everyone else.
To get to your collections you need to click on the Profile option in the left-hand menu, and the window will open up with the option to create a new collection.
You can follow the prompts to set up your collections according to your websites and interests.
In this above example I have set up only one collection in an unused G+ account, just to show you the idea.
My active live G+ account has several collections, one for each website and one for my personal interests.
When posting to G+ make sure to go through this option, as it makes the sorting much easier.
You can also, once your collections are all set up, select the collection from a drop down menu that you’ll have available when creating your post (see below example)
In this above picture I am on my “homepage” at G+ and clicked to write a new post, then I pressed on the “Making Money Online” box and a new popup window page came.
Here I can choose to which collection I would like to have my post filed in.
Posting Correctly On G+
So now you understand How To Post To Google Plus and you know the technical steps to set up your G+ account and all is dandy.
The next step is putting up your post – the correct way!
Posting to G+ is easy when you know what to do – these are the steps.
Assuming that you have your Meta Title and Meta Description all set up in your website the next steps are:
1) shift+8 to make * at the beginning of your title placement
2) copy paste your meta title
3) shift+8 to make another * at the end of the title
This will make your title in bold.
4) place a “hard stop” | – this you will find above your “enter” button on your keyboard – well most keyboards.
5) copy paste your meta description
6) write some blurb to your audience – about why they should read your post
7) copy paste your entire permalink below this. A preview of your post will show up, usually with a feature picture from your post.
8) Place appropriate #hashtags# at the bottom of your post, make sure you use your keywords in them, and any other strong keywords that suite your post and niche.
9) if you have a slogan to sign off with place it at the end and hit “Post”
10) If you have posted from your home page then make sure to select what collection you want to “file” this post under.
Voila! You are all done!
Why Post To Google Plus?
Well, it is no secret that Google Plus is directly related to the big brother of all Google Search!
Having your posts placed on Google Plus will boost your ranking juice much quicker, as Google bots check out their home turf first, Google Plus, YouTube, Blogger, any platform that Google manages will be viewed first, then they’ll go and check things elsewhere.
So it makes perfect sense to use this to our advantage as Online Marketeers!
I certainly hope this short “How To” article helped you out on your way to Google Success, and did I mention that I really like to hear from my readers so please leave a comment below to let me know if this post helped you or if you have any questions.
Logo Design by FlamingText.com